Last Updated on
During the hot summer days, a pair of great running sunglasses are just as important for runners as wearing sunscreen is. In this article, we take a look at the best running sunglasses that will protect your eyes and prevent the sun’s harmful rays from causing damage while you exercise.
Even on days when the sun seems safely hidden behind clouds, UV rays still find their way through that layer which means that it’s vitally important for you to wear your running sunglasses on days that are overcast, too.
10 Best Running Sunglasses: At A Glance
So read on to discover how you can go about choosing the ideal pair of running sunglasses to suit your needs. In addition to a list of the 10 most popular options that are available to you right now, we’ve included a handy buying guide and FAQ section to answer all your questions. Read our another review about Motorcycle Glasses.
So without further ado, let’s jump into it.
- Top 10 Best Running Sunglasses Review:
- 1. Duduma Polarized Sunglasses
- 2. Oakley Men’s Sunglasses
- 3. Torege Polarized Sunglasses
- 4. Under Armour Igniter Sunglasses
- 5. Tifosi Women’s Alpe Sunglasses
- 6. Cosver Men’s Sunglasses
- 7. Cosver Men’s Polarized Sports Sunglasses
- 8. TopTen Polarized Sunglasses
- 9. Rivbos Sports Sunglasses
- 10. Bevi Sports Sunglasses
- Things To Consider When Buying Running Sunglasses
- Benefits of Running Sunglasses
- FAQs: Frequently Asked Questions About Running Sunglasses
Top 10 Best Running Sunglasses Review:
1. Duduma Polarized Sunglasses
If you are searching for the best sunglasses for running, this pair is well worth checking out. With 100% polarized coating, these sunglasses efficiently cut out the glare and help to block harmful blue light as well as UV rays.
These are great for anyone who is looking for 100% eye protection because they deliver a superior visual experience while protecting you from the glare. Ideal for all types of outdoor activities for both men and women, these sports sunglasses are well worth the money.
In addition to their amazing HD visual effects, they are also windproof and sand proof. Whether you want these for running, skiing, cycling, hiking, snowboarding, tennis, or any other type of sport, you can be sure that these active sports sunglasses will always offer you reliable eye protection.
You never again have to worry about wind, dust, insects, UV, etc. during your outdoor adventures. Sold in over 50 countries, these amazing high-quality sunglasses also come with a microfiber pouch and soft glasses cloth.
- TAC polarized lens for 100% protection from sunlight
- Super light, stylish, and durable design
- Frame and lens come with a lifetime breakage warranty
- Glasses boast HD visual effects
- Windproof, sand proof, and ideal for a variety of sports
2. Oakley Men’s Sunglasses
The performance of these glasses makes them a strong contender for first place on this list. The Oakley half jacket sunglasses offer protection and comfort for all wearers. They are sculpted to offer a new dimension in style thanks to their interchangeable lens design which helps to keep your eyes safe from even the harshest light conditions.
With razor-sharp clarity and high definition optics, you can be sure that you’ll have clear vision whenever you’re wearing these glasses. Designed for all-day comfort, the lightweight nature of these sunglasses makes them virtually undetectable on your nose. This means that you can keep them on all day and benefit from the premium optical technology that they offer without suffering from fatigue.
Essential for athletes, and other daily outdoor activities, these glasses will stay put on your face even when you are dripping with sweat. The high-quality frame has a three-point fit that doesn’t hook your ears in the way that ordinary frames do, which makes them the best running sunglasses for small faces.
- Flexible, high-quality frames made from polycarbonate
- 100% UV protection coating
- High-quality plastic frames and plastic lens
- Non-polarized iridium lens
- High definition optics for enhanced clarity
3. Torege Polarized Sunglasses
These super-light glasses come with a PC frame and five interchangeable lenses. They are ideal for both men and women and will protect your eyes whether you’re running, cycling, fishing, golfing, or driving. Thanks to their superlight frame, you can hardly feel these glasses on your face which makes them great for long-distance runners or anyone who has to keep them on for extended periods of time.
The polarized lenses are designed to block 100% of harmful UVA and UVB rays from the sun. These glasses also boast a great fashion frame that suits all types of outdoor lifestyles perfectly. With the soft rubber nose pads, you can be sure that these glasses will remain in place even during the roughest and toughest of activities.
These are undoubtedly the best sunglasses for anyone who wants a high-quality frame and lens with a lower vision field that is clear. The polarized lens eliminates reflected glare making these sunglasses ideal for all types of outdoor activities.
- Glasses come with a soft cloth and pouch
- Package includes three interchangeable lenses
- Unbreakable, durable rimless frame design
- Great for all types of sports and outdoor adventures
- Polarized lens eliminates scattered glare
4. Under Armour Igniter Sunglasses
These lightweight, durable under armor sunglasses have been updated to offer even better performance and enhanced comfort. They have a rimless design which gives you a wider field of vision through the impact-resistant lenses.
Each lens offers up to 20% more peripheral vision and they give a consistent performance from one edge to the other. Furthermore, this lens is stronger than the standard polycarbonate lenses which means you’ll be able to use these more often and keep them for much longer.
The sunglasses also have a special coating that is designed to repel water and resist scratches, as well as to block smudges or stains. Thanks to these features, your glasses will stay looking great all day long.
They are held by an armor fusion frame created from a blend of titanium and Grilamid. This gives the frame a combination of lightness and strength. If you are searching for the best running sunglasses with an adjustable nose pad and three-point grip, these are the ones to consider.
- Glasses come in beautiful satin black and orange
- Adjustable nose pad and three-point grip for stability
- Scratch-resistant and water-repelling coating
- Blocks 100% UVA and UVB sunlight rays
- High-quality impact-resistant Arma lenses
- Extremely strong, lightweight, and durable frame
5. Tifosi Women’s Alpe Sunglasses
If you’re searching for the right running sunglasses for women, this is a great option for you to consider. With these glasses, you will never have to squint in harsh sunlight again. The lenses will protect your eyes fully while offering you other massive benefits.
These polarized glasses keep out all the glare and allow you to enjoy your surroundings. They are decentered for enhanced clarity and they block any light that reflects off of any horizontal surfaces. This helps to minimize eyestrain making the sunglasses ideal for women who take part in running, hiking, snow sports, water sports, and so on.
In addition to all that, these glasses are also perfect for driving as well as casual wear. The fully adjustable nose pad allows you to get a closer fit which helps to reduce slippage when you sweat.
Also, the nose pad and rubber ear are hydrophilic which increases the grip even more. Thanks to the scratch-resistant, shatterproof optically-decentered lenses, you’ll be able to practically eliminate distortion while preventing magnification.
- Includes zippered hardshell case and microfiber cleaning bag
- Great fit for extra small to medium faces
- Best running sunglasses womens style
- Ideal for all types of sporting and casual wear
- The lens can incorporate single vision prescription
6. Cosver Men’s Sunglasses
The price and quality of these sunglasses make them undoubtedly the best cheap running sunglasses on our list. This classic design is more than just functional, but it’s stylish, too. You’ll be able to keep your eyes safe from the harmful rays of the sun in comfort.
Whatever adventure you have in mind, these glasses are a perfect accessory. From running, hiking, and tennis, to fishing, golfing, and driving – you have the ideal protection for your eyes at all times. The lens of these glasses acts as an impenetrable barrier which reduces the light’s intensity before it reaches your eyes.
This is particularly useful for those times when you are facing horizontal surfaces such as the road, water, or snow for long periods of time. The also glasses have automatic adjustments which make them a perfect fit for all face types.
The unique spring design in the frame also helps to ensure outward expansion and also effectively reduces the pressure placed on the ears during lengthy use. Available in a range of beautiful colors, these glasses make the perfect accessory for any active person.
- TAC polarized lenses protect against harmful UV rays
- Lightweight, durable frame ideal for all types of sports
- Available in gift packaging as a present
- Comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee
- The frame has a lifetime breakage warranty
7. Cosver Men’s Polarized Sports Sunglasses
This is yet another offering from Cosver, a well-known brand in sports protective wear. This high-quality, super affordable pair of men’s sunglasses are polarized to protect your eyes from the harmful UVA and UVB rays.
The triacetate lenses are designed to be shatterproof, impact-resistant, and scratch-resistant. If you are looking for a pair of cheap prescription sunglasses, this could very well be the ideal option for you. The lens is designed to visually restore true color while eliminating scattered light and reflected rays.
Made from durable and unbreakable material, this frame will last you a long time to come. Ideal for running, hiking, tennis, skiing, climbing or just as a high fashion accessory for your daily wear, these glasses come in an astounding range of colors.
And at that price, you can certainly buy as many pairs as you wish. Weighing in at a feathery 25g, the super lightweight frame can be hardly felt on your face which makes these glasses ideal for anyone who has to keep them on for long stretches at a time.
- Lightweight durable and unbreakable frame
- Lenses are TAC polarized to block UVA rays
- Triacetate lenses are scratch and impact resistant
- Ideal for all types of outdoor activity including driving and casual wear
- Lifetime breakage warranty offered by the manufacturer
8. TopTen Polarized Sunglasses
These running sunglasses from top 10 come with a sports glasses frame and three interchangeable lenses for your convenience. One of the lenses is polarized to help keep out harmful UVA rays. The package also comes with a hard protection box for your glasses as well as a glasses bag and cleaning cloth.
You have everything you need in the kit to keep your glasses looking and performing their best. Also included are HD lenses that offer the highest density Revo coating. It keeps the original color and effectively improves visual clarity as well as contrast. This helps to give you high-quality vision.
The other pair is yellow night-vision lenses which offer you great performance during the evening, night, morning, or any poorly lit environments, such as rainy or foggy days. Many people use these lenses for hunting, shooting, or night sports practice. No matter what you need to protect your eyes from, you can be sure that these glasses will do the job effectively.
- Comfortable, lightweight, and durable frame design
- Lens made from high-quality polycarbonate
- The package comes with three different lenses
- Flexible glasses ideal for use in a variety of situations
- Comfortable soft silicone nose pads for the best fit
9. Rivbos Sports Sunglasses
These 100% polarized sports glasses from Rivbos brand will take your sports routine up to the next level. If you are searching for a stylish pair of running sunglasses, then definitely check these ones out. They have an impressive lens clarity to help protect your eyes from harmful UV rays for the duration of your outdoor workouts.
This premium quality product is ideal for running, skiing, cycling, snowboarding, tennis, fishing, motorcycle driving, and any other activity that you can think of. They offer reliable eye protection for active people and will keep your eyes safe not only from UV rays but also from dust, wind, and insects for all-around protection.
The wraparound design of the frame allows it to sit comfortably and snugly around your face which helps to ensure that the antireflective glasses stay on your face at all times – even when you’re sweating and running. This is an exceptional pair of sunglasses that simply won’t break. They are sturdy, well-made, and definitely well worth the price that you pay for them.
- Best cheap running sunglasses
- Includes complete accessories set
- Lens offers superior protection and comfort
- A stylish design ideal for both men and women
- Comes with a 30-day moneyback guarantee
10. Bevi Sports Sunglasses
These amazing sunglasses come from a brand that deeply believes in dressing up your eyes not only to protect them but also to impress. Whether you’re cycling, driving, running, climbing, or fishing, these sunglasses will keep your eyes safe while providing extreme aesthetic value.
You’ll be able to better enjoy all your outdoor activities thanks to these glasses that offer a wide range of features including a durable and lightweight frame which is virtually unbreakable. Also, the 100% TAC polarized lens help to protect your eyes from all the harmful UVA and UVB rays the entire time you are outside.
The colorful HD lenses also help to eliminate scattered glare as well as reflected rays from various surfaces all around. The soft rubber nose pad provides a comfortable and snug fit for all different face shapes. These glasses are the ideal choice for anyone who loves being outdoors.
This frame is flexible and super light while being extremely strong and durable. The anti-corrosion features ensure that you’ll be able to enjoy your glasses for a long time to come. With these sunglasses, you’ll be able to restore true color while making the scenery a lot clearer and softer. This gives your eyes better protection and prevents eyestrain.
- Best running sunglasses with a flexible frame
- TAC polarized lens blocks 100% harmful rays
- Shatterproof and scratch-proof lens
- Soft nose pad for comfortable, snug fit
- Made from durable Swiss thermoplastic materials
Things To Consider When Buying Running Sunglasses
There are certain things you need to consider when choosing the best running sunglasses. We’ve listed some of them below, so take a look at each factor before making your decision on which pair to go with.
1. Block UV Rays
It’s important that you protect your eyes from the sun’s harmful rays. Ultraviolet light takes its toll even on gloomy or overcast days. This means that it’s always best to keep your eyes covered whenever your running outdoors.
Look for a pair of sunglasses that are designed for your facial shape since UV rays have the ability to get to your eyes from every angle. For the best site to site coverage, you might consider wraparound sunglasses as more fashionable models are likely to allow more light to get in.
When it comes to the styles and designs of running sunglasses, there are countless options on the market today. However, you need to ensure that the pair you choose is comfortable for you to wear because if it’s not, then you’re not likely to want to wear it every time you run.
Also, make sure that it fits well on your face. The last thing you want is a pair of glasses that slips off your nose the second you start sweating. You need glasses that are not too tight. For instance, if you have a wide face, make sure that your running sunglasses don’t pinch above the temples as this will probably cause you pain if you have to wear the sunglasses for long periods of time.
3. Polarized Lenses
This feature of running sunglasses is almost always a must. This is particularly true if you’re running on the roads during the daytime because the polarization helps to cut down on glare that is reflected from the surface of the road and the cars.
This allows your eyes to relax and makes it easy for you to focus more on your run. The feature of polarization doesn’t make sunglasses more expensive, and on our list, you’ll be able to find some high-quality polarized sunglasses at an extremely affordable price. However, if you run in low light or off-road situations, you might safely skip this feature.
4. Lens Tint
The sheer number of different colors available on the market today is staggering. And contrary to the belief of some runners, darker tints don’t necessarily provide better protection for your eyes. Just make sure that you choose lenses that can deliver adequate UV protection for your eyes regardless of their tint.
A lot of sunglasses have rose-colored lenses that help to improve your vision simply by providing more contrast. On rugged trails, this can be particularly helpful. However, if you are running along a scorching hot blacktop, then you may be better served by a lens that is extremely dark to help dial back the sun’s intensity.
5. Quality Materials
The last thing you want is to have to replace your sunglasses every few weeks because they broke, bent, or got scratched. So make sure that when you choose your running sunglasses, you go with one from a trusted, reliable brand that offers high-quality products at competitive prices.
The good news is that all the sunglasses on our review list are the best running sunglasses that you’ll find on the market in terms of fit, comfort, aesthetics, and optimal performance.
6. Additional Features
There are also a few add-ons to consider when choosing the right running sunglasses for your needs. For instance, make sure they are lightweight, snug, and comfortable – particularly if you want to eliminate the feeling of wearing sunglasses altogether.
Other add-ons that you should consider include scratch resistance, cord attachments, anti-fogging, and interchangeable lenses. Also, you might want to consider a pair of running glasses with mirror coating as some users say that they perform great on sunny days. If you live in a hot and sunny area then you might want an outer lens that has a mirror coating to reflect the sun.
Last, but certainly not least, you want to ensure that the running sunglasses you choose have all the features you require at an affordable price. Like all other sports gear, there are different brands and different styles to consider, as well as different materials and so on.
This means that you shouldn’t reach for the cheapest pair that you can find, but rather consider its durability and quality before making your choice. Remember, you get what you pay for!
Benefits of Running Sunglasses
The most obvious benefit of running glasses is that they protect your eyes from the harmful glare of the sun’s rays. However, these handy little things have a host of other benefits, such as:
- They block out the sun’s rays to prevent them from damaging your eyes, allowing you to run safely outside, catch a tan, and absorb vitamin D for longer periods of time.
- High-quality running sunglasses will help prevent you from squinting during your run. In the same sense, they help prevent wrinkles on your face that are caused by squinting your eyes constantly.
- Sunglasses help to prevent dust and dirt particles from entering your eyes during your run. Debris can blow into the air on windy days and passing cars can shoot up tiny rocks that can end up scratching your eyes. Also, there are insects and bugs to contend with on hot summer days, and a good pair of running glasses will protect you from all these things.
- Running sunglasses are stylish and help you look great while running. There are so many different designs that you will be able to easily find a pair to complement absolutely any style.
- Running glasses are also extremely versatile. You can wear running glasses outside of running. This means that any time you’re on the beach, at the park, driving, or do whatever else takes you outside into the sun, you can use your running glasses for that.
The bottom line is that running glasses offer a great many benefits in your life. For anyone who is serious about running, this is undoubtedly one of the essential items that should never be missing from your gear.
And now that you know all about the many benefits that running sunglasses offer, you can use our top 10 review list to help you choose the best running sunglasses to suit your particular needs.
FAQs: Frequently Asked Questions About Running Sunglasses
Q-1: How Do I Ensure My Sunglasses Fit Me Properly?
- In order to ensure that your sunglasses fit your face well, there shouldn’t be any gaps to the sides or above of your eyes. If there is a gap either above or beneath, then the sun’s light could still get in and damage your eyes. This would render the running glasses useless in that regard.
- On the other hand, glasses that are too snug may make you uncomfortable – particularly if you have to wear them for a long period of time. Just make sure that your glasses don’t slip, bounce, or slide when you’re wearing them. Everyone has a different sized nose and a facial shape that is unique to them, which is why when it comes to running sunglasses, it’s hard to find one size to fit everyone properly.
Q-2: What Does VLT Mean?
- VLT or Visible Light Transmission is a measure of how much light passes through your lenses to reach your eyes. This metric is measured using the lens thickness and different VLT percentages perform well in certain conditions.
- For instance, a VLT of between 0 and 19% is considered great for sunny, bright conditions while a VLT of 20-40% is great for everyday use. For low light conditions or overcast days, a VLT of 40- 80% will work best. For nighttime or very dark conditions, 80- 90% will do.
Q-3: Is It Necessary to Get Anti-Fog Coating?
- Some glasses come with many additional features such as anti-fog, anti-scratch, and so on. Whether or not you choose a pair with these features is entirely up to you. For the most part, it comes down to personal preference.
- However, anti-fog does come with a lot of benefits because it allows you to be able to run even in humid conditions without having to stop and wipe your glasses every few minutes. However, for those in dry, arid areas, this may not be a necessary feature.
Q-4: What Is Hydrophobic Coating?
- This is a type of substance that is placed on glasses to help keep them dry by repelling water and moisture. It’s particularly important in running glasses because you are likely to sweat a lot during your runs and so this feature will help wick away the moisture and prevent the glasses from slipping and falling from your face as you run.
Q-5: What’s the Difference Between Running and Casual Sunglasses?
- Casual sunglasses are specifically designed for everyday use. They help to block out the sun’s harmful rays while you are doing your normal daily activities. Running sunglasses, on the other hand, are specifically engineered to protect your eyes during running and other sports activities.
- They not only protect your eyes from the glare around you, which can sometimes be quite intense, but they also keep dust and dirt particles from entering your eyes during your run.
- Although it doesn’t hurt to get more than one pair of sunglasses for different needs, the good news is that your running sunglasses can be used for a myriad of other purposes from other sports to driving and walking, etc.
The bottom line is that it doesn’t matter if you’re an amateur jogger or a professional long-distance runner. Either way, it’s important that you invest in a high-quality pair of sunglasses to ensure that your eyes stay protected while you’re taking care of the rest of your body’s exercises needs.
Use the buying guide, FAQ section, and the top 10 review list in this article as your resource to help you choose the best running sunglasses to satisfy your needs.